Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sunshine’s Dollhouse….

I was looking for a project to keep me physically busy while I looked for a new job.  A couple of months ago, I was talking to a friend of mine about wanting to have a dollhouse for my daughter, Sunshine, to play with when she comes to visit me.  I had been pricing various wooden kits, as well as, pre-made plastic houses.  I mentioned that I wanted a dollhouse that would be like nothing she had at her mother’s or her maternal grandmother’s house.

One day my friend, in front of Sunshine, gave me wooden dollhouse in box as seen in craft shops.  Sunshine was thrilled. I was cautiously optimistic. As a kid, I loved putting model airplanes and ships together.  I understood that this was going to put model building skills to the ultimate test.  Sunshine’s enthusiasm and confidence in me was inspiring to say the least. I told myself that if I could build a wooden sailing model, with all the rigging, this wouldn’t be too hard. I mean it’s a house, how difficult could it be?

1 comment:

  1. "I mean it’s a house, how difficult could it be?"

    Bubba, that WAS a rhetorical question, wasn't it?

    (grin)

    ReplyDelete