Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2 cents vs. a penny..

Last night while talking (actually emailing) a friend, I used the expression "I'll give my 2 cents worth." It caused me to think about the saying my grandmother use to tell me.

"I'll give you my 2 cents worth," meaning let me tell you what's on my mind. Today's advice is sometimes, only worth 2 cents, not much. Of course my grandmother says this to me these days and at 101 years old, 2 cents was worth something as she was growing up. The other is "A penny for your thoughts." Again, the penny value has decline greatly since 1909 my grandmother's birth year.

My though was about the economic scale applied to listening or talking. I'm sure that some one has found a mathematical formula to explain this, but it seems very one sided. My concern is there might be a government agency looking for new area to tax just like Bill HR 4646.

No comments:

Post a Comment