Monday, January 3, 2011

Sunshine Joins the Fold

 Ever since the late unpleasantness occurred in my life, I have been continuously amazed by my friends. This Christmas season proved no exception. It is true that friends are the family that you get to choose.
 
One case in particular, was provided by "Excels at Nothing" and family. After much discussion, I was interested in getting Sunshine involved in shooting. Impressed as I was by Excels' Sweet Daughter taking target practice. I was mentioning that I would like to get Sunshine involved with target practice as well. So guess what she received for Christmas... that's right her very own pellet gun. Joy of all joy's, it was pink. She was a little scared at first because it was something new to try.  But I knew that if she saw Sweet daughter doing it, Sunshine would be interested too.


Her worried first thoughts soon gave way to a wish to do well to show Sweet Daughter, she could do it too. For her first time shooting, she did well. In fact after a brief opportunity to run around and burn off some energy, she came back to shoot again. I even shot the pellet rifle as well. I actually did good considering I haven't shot much in my life. It was great to share this with her. In fact she couldn't wait to get back to school to tell her friends what she did that day. I can't wait to do this again.


My thanks go out to "Excels" (including family) and "Doin' the Time Warp," for helping to make this day a success and one that Sunshine will remember for some time to come.

1 comment:

  1. Any time. Any time I can help make Sarah Brady cry it's a good day. Sweet Daughter and I can't wait to shooting with you two again!

    ReplyDelete