Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Been a Long Time Commin'

It's been a long time since I posted anything here. Over a month. But over that time I have experienced both highs and lows.

Over the past few weeks I have found friends who continue to surprise me with their care and help. Form pointing out possible job leads to fixing my poor excuse of 18th century clothing. I have really felt blessed for what I have received. Even though some say it's "all about them."

But I must say, this evening was a pretty low feeling for me when I received notice that one of my former student's mother passed away this week. Both Mother and student were always smiling and bringing me and the other teacher's home baked goods. I still remember the banana nut bread, which was and is, my favorite.

In this time of hustling around shopping and thinking about times to come, I hope we do not forget those, who for one reason or another, will not have family to share Christmas and New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment